#bs #information #technology
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
An information technology degree can start you off on a successful career. While information technology will change, a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology from UMass Lowell will ensure that you have a solid foundation in the discipline and the broad expertise you need to succeed.
The need for professionals with a strong information technology background continues to increase as business, government, schools, and other organizations seek new applications for computers and networks in the workplace.
To meet this need, UMass Lowell offers online learners the opportunity to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology entirely online or as a mix of online and on-campus courses.
- Outstanding faculty
- Flexibility and Convenience
- Committed to student success
Learn more about this program:
To receive more information and connect with the program manager, please click on inquire now to the right.
New students register for courses using UMass Lowell’s New Student Registration Form. Follow the instructions for registering included on the form. Current students register for their courses online by logging into the secure Student Information System (SIS).
Please see Fee Schedule below.
*applicable when checks returned unpaid
**Courses can vary from one to six credits; this total represents a standard 3 credit course
For additional registration information, visit UMass Lowell’s Division of Online and Continuing Education Website. Registration is administered through UMass Lowell’s Registrar’s Office. If you have questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 978.934.2550.
University of Massachusetts has earned several awards for its distance learning programs, faculty and technology including:
- University of Massachusetts Lowell’s B.S. in Information Technology Ranked Among Top Affordable Online IT Degrees by Get Educated in 2011
- UMass Ranked Among Top 10 Best Colleges in Online Education in Communication Public Relations Degrees. 2011 by The Best Colleges
- UMass ranks 19th highest-rated university in the world by the Times of London.
- UMass ranked 56th in the Times of London’s Top 200
- UMassOnline, UMass Boston President’s Special Achievement Award, Valerie C. Haven, Sloan-C 2010 Awards
- University of Massachusetts Ranked Among Top 28 Best Value in Online Education for Human Services Psychology Professionals. 2009 by Get Educated
- Ranked Top 10 Online Degrees Colleges – September 2009 (Online Degree Reviews.com)
- UMassOnline Awarded Public Sector of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council. 2008
- Most Outstanding Online Teaching and Learning Program. UMass Lowell’s Online Graduate Behavioral Intervention in Autism Program, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- ‘Excellence in Online Teaching’ Award. Dr. Jeannette E. Riley, Sloan Consortium Excellence Awards, 2008
- 21st Century Best Practices Award. United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- Program of Excellence. University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)-Journalism Certificate
- Excellence in Faculty Development. Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Programming. Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- Excellence in Online Teaching. Sloan-C Excellence Awards
- UMass Amherst Isenberg MBA, Top 10 national rankings, #4 Best Professors (2005, 2006, 2007 Princeton Review: Best Business Schools rankings)
- 4th in Primary Care Education. U.S. World Reportss
- Excellence in Distance Teaching Education – United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
To be considered for acceptance into a certificate or degree program, students must hold a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate. Division of Online and Continuing Education operates on a rolling admissions basis and each application is reviewed when the student’s file is complete. Students must be admitted to a degree or certificate program in order to be eligible for most financial aid.
Admission is competitive – Apply early!
1. Read application form instructions carefully. Click here for the application.
2. Official transcripts of all college, university, or post-secondary schools attended and course descriptions;
3. Official high school transcripts or its equivalent (GED certificate), from applicants with no previous college/university experience.
4. Once you have completed the application, send it to the address below.
5. Academic Counselors and Program Coordinators are available to answer questions regarding programs and the matriculation process. Appointments may be made by calling (978) 934-2474.
6. The application is in a PDF file. Click here for the application. You will need an Acrobat Reader application by Adobe to view and print the application. If you don’t have the Acrobat Reader application, you can download the installation from their website for free.
For additional information on the application process for UMass Lowell’s Online Undergraduate degrees, visit http://continuinged.uml.edu/apply.htm .
Availability of financial aid varies depending on matriculation and course status. Please check with UMass Lowell’s Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.